Friday, March 11, 2011

On to Argentina!

My dearest friends and family,
My next major life adventure begins in less than 24 hours.  My stomach is in knots and my brain spinning; both of these, though, I think are happening in the best of ways as I have tried to prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for my time in Argentina.
Over the past couple of weeks I have racked my brain (and many of yours) for an appropriate, even compelling blog title.  A headline that I hoped would avoid the cliche and overdone, provide a brief insight as to who I am and exist as its own convincing argument for why you should read my latest blog post.  Thus, on my final return drive to central Ohio this afternoon, brilliance (or as close as I think I can get to such a classification) struck and this phrase pushed itself to the fore of my thoughts: La calle sin nombre. 

This Spanish phrase literally means "the street without a name."  Its meaning is dual for me personally.  First, I have a couple of Denison friends who incessantly poke fun at me for growing up on a road without a name: township road 96.  In this memory also lies an inkling of my childhood and the journeys that I have made since then.  However, my blog's heading has a greater degree of pertinence as I look to my future and wonder about the learning, service to others and other possibilities that might be.  While I have both passions and ambitions for my personal and professional future, I am certainly aware that these might be transformed in major ways over the next eight months spent in Resistencia, Chaco province, Argentina.  My life's journey is marked today by a street without a name. 

Thank you all for your support as I have prepared for this departure and thank you in advance for your support during the upcoming months.  I hope you enjoy and learn from my commentary on many new life experiences I will encounter inevitably and intimately in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment